Job Vacancies: Cooks – Indian Cuisines
Job Location: Nairobi Kenya
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Estimate expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- At least a diploma in hospitality/Food Science
- Sound experience of cooking Indian Cuisines
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Candidates previously worked in Indian restaurants are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria to send their CVs to email@example.com.
Clearly indicate ‘Cook ‘on the subject of the email by 7th March 2018.