Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Vacant Position: Operations Intern – Field Office
Reporting To: Operations Coordinator
Start Date: 1st April, 2018
Duration: 3 Months
Deadline to Apply: 25th March, 2018
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Role: The Operations Intern under the supervision of the Operations Coordinator and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies will support the operations department in compilation of guidelines, processes and procedures.
Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Safety and Security:
- Update and maintain the internal messaging system for communication in case of emergencies on a weekly basis
- Support the Occupational Safety and Health compliance initiatives
- Working closely with the Operations Coordinator to create a country wide county risk matrix with possible mitigation measures than can be referenced by projects.
- Be the point person in organizing the electronic filing system in place.
o Creating a master database of all relevant policies/guidelines/forms on a central google document, with links to each folder or document for ease in reference for IPAK employees
- Support Operations Coordinator in compiling and refining Country Office Administrative guidelines
- Participate in completion of any special tasks being undertaken by the operations department • Consolidate a comprehensive audit checklist for the Operations Admin Team.
IRB, Immigration and Research Permitting
- Work with the Operations Coordinator in finalizing guidelines, processes and procedures in relation to research compliance as per the requirements of NACOSTI and the respective boards.
- Support in ensuring that an up-to-date database is maintained, with respective renewal deadlines set.
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Political Science, Public Administration, Peace Studies or International Relations). Flexible, motivated and ability to persistently drive issues to closure
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and communicate with various levels of staff
- Strong work ethic, team player and ability to maintain a high degree of integrity & professionalism in performing assigned responsibilities
- Good spoken and written English is essential
- Well organized and keen to detail
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, and google docs
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Operations Intern-Field Office Kenya. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||