D Thakkar Construction Pvt. Ltd. & Ambitious Construction Co. Ltd, (JV) is looking for sincere and well organized team players to fill the following positions to carter for the growth in the company’s operations in Uganda.
The candidates should possess excellent analytical and problem solving abilities, good communication and interpersonal skills and be self motivated and result oriented.
Job Vacancy: Irrigation Scheme Construction Project Manager
The Candidate must possess a Bachelors Degree (preferably Master) in Water Resources Engineering / irrigation Engineering / Civil Engineering / Hydrology Engineering with minimum experience of 15 years as project manager in design / construction / rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure (design / construction of canal, water control gates, flow measurement structures, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc).
Preference would be given to the candidates having extensive experience in similar field.
Major achievements in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements and MUST be Registered with Professional Engineering Board of a country.
Key Skills Required:
- Good CAD, Civil 3 and Ms. Excel Skills.
- Computer simulation / use of computer models is helpful.
- Must be efficient in completion of the assigned tasks on time on the site.
- Good at Oral and written English, Organization skills and Desire to Learn.
- Must have good report writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the project is executed as per the cost estimates.
- Developing deliverable schedules as a road map for the construction team.
- Preparing work for the whole team: Plan execution, advisory designs, oversees and management of construction of irrigation project for transporting and distributing water to agricultural lands.
- Manages overall irrigation fixtures and installations of fixtures to requirements and specifications.
- Following the project in case there is a need to handle or supervise some tasks; Directs through subordinate supervisors, construction of such irrigation systems as dams, canals and ditches according to the type of soil, climatic characteristics, water supply, return flow and other factors affecting irrigation requirements.
- Reviewing the project in depth to determine if everything is done according to plan; conducts research on problems of soil drainage and conservation, applying knowledge of civil engineering.
- Ensuring irrigation geological & hydrological surveys, studies, tests and standards done are professionally executed.
All Interested Candidates are requested to send their applications, CV with Current Passport Photos, Colored Copy of National ID, Copy of Pass port, Academic testimonials and other credentials inclusive of reference letter to below email address.
D Thakkar & Ambitious (JV)
Plot 1, Swaminarayan close, Wankulukuku Road, Nalukolongo Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 12452 Kampala – Uganda