Job Vacancy: IT & Network Administrator – Nairobi
Our client is currently recruiting for the above mentioned position.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3 years prior experience in the same capacity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in house servers.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Keep an eye out for needed updates.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Manage Office 365 account of the school.
- Perform daily backups.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Helping with set up of conferences and meeting where IT accessories are required.
- Providing students with materials to accomplish their tasks, e.g. research.
- Give assistance to teachers during IT Lessons.
- Responsible for CCTV back up.
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- Protection of the school’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Report to the Head of Admin and the IT Committee of the school.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role.
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- Cisco training.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in collecting data and performing surveys.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related field.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and updated word document CV indicating clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for and current or previous gross pay salary. (IT & Network Administrator Post-Current/Last Gross pay XXXXXX)
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.
Please DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.