The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) is responsible for providing regulatory oversight, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a qualified Kenyan citizen to fill the following vacant position in its establishment:
Job Title: Manager – Engineering Services
KCAA Scale 5
Department: Engineering Services
Reports To: Director Air Navigation Services
Job Purpose: To plan, implement and maintain quality and cost effective Aviation facilities, services and resources associated with air navigation services.
Scope of work / duties / responsibilities
- Formulating, planning and implementing policies, programmes and procedures concerning the acquisition and maintenance of Communication, navigation and surveillance facilities.
- Overseeing the implementation of technical standards and recommended practices as per ICAO annex 10 and Kenyan Standards.
- Investigating operational complaints and irregularities within the department and collaborating in the investigation of incidents and breaches of aviation regulations and procedures.
- Developing job description, maintaining discipline and ensuring proper deployment of staff in the department.
- Conducting regular performance reviews of staff to determine training and development needs and ensuring the highest standards of performance.
- Coordinating research and development of new systems and equipment.
- Preparing and implementing the department’s operational plans and budgets to achieve targets in line with the KCAA strategy.
- Coordinating with the planning and development team to identify improvements to the Engineering Services.
- Liaising with Internal Audit to ensure good governance in the department.
- Liaising with the Quality Management department to ensure effective service delivery.
- Liaising with the regulator to implement effective inspection and surveillance of equipment
- Managing Aeronautical frequency spectrum utilisation and coordinating the allocation of radio telephony call signs with ICAO.
- Developing and appraising Aeronautical Telecommunications infrastructure and systems.
- Maintaining safety management System for CNS.
- Performing other official duties as may be assigned by Director Air Navigation Services.
- A Masters degree in an aviation related field from a recognized University.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Electrical, Telecommunication, or Electronic Engineering from a recognised university.
- Certificate in at least three CNS Equipment Maintenance Courses.
- Registered as a professional Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya.
- Training in Management and Leadership
- 5 years’ experience in a senior position in a similar engineering environment.
- Proven experience for financial and people management.
Knowledge and skills
- Extensive knowledge of the Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations and ICAO standards.
- Project Management and Implementation skills.
- Knowledge of trends in the Aviation Industry.
- Ability to manage crises by directing recourses appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications attaching copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae giving among others, details of day time contacts and full contacts of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 10th April 2018.
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Manager - Engineering Services
|Company / Organization||
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA)
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||