The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) is responsible for providing regulatory oversight, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking to recruit a qualified Kenyan citizen to fill the following vacant position in its establishment:
Job Title: Senior Human Capital Officer – Training and Development
KCAA Scale 7
Department / Section: Human Resource and Administration
Reports To: Chief Human Capital Officer – Training and development
Job Purpose: To coordinate and monitor implementation of training plans in line with the organization’s training master plan.
Scope of work / duties / responsibilities
- Implementing training plans based on the annual training calendar;
- Organizing and monitoring all training and development activities such as induction programmes; seminars and workshops; industrial attachment; and exchange programmes;
- Coordinating with line managers on the identification of training needs and updating of training plans;
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of training activities;
- Liaising with training providers / institutions; Directorate of Industrial Training on staff training and Industrial attachment.
- Updating skills inventory integrated with other HR systems;
- Ensuring the training and development programs are linked to performance needs and succession plans;
- Monitoring the implementation and utilization of the departmental training budget and advising accordingly;
- Receiving and analysing the mandatory back to work reports and liaising with respective supervisors for their implementation;
- Preparing periodic training reports;
- Facilitating knowledge sharing within the Authority;
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Chief HCO Training and development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences such as Business Administration; Organizational Development and Management or Education from a recognized university with a Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Certificate in either curriculum development or training of trainers.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ working experience in Human Resource in a comparable and reputable organization.
Knowledge and skills
- Working knowledge of HR management information Systems;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Knowledge of Labour Laws;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications attaching copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae giving among others, details of day time contacts and full contacts of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 10th April 2018.
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.