Job Opportunity: Legal Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi
- Provide advice and monitor compliance with laws and regulations within areas of operations.
- Provide legal advice, interpret legal documents as well as draft legal documents.
- Oversee the contracting process
- Provide advice to departmental teams on ways to mitigate any risks and responding to any queries.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the company’s risk management & compliance policies.
- Dealing with Intellectual Property matters including registration and protection of rights arising from trademarks, patents, industrial designs, copyrights and related rights, trade secrets and any other.
- Legal research
- Conduct risk management training to employees.
- Carry out risk reviews of the contracts and process from time to time.
- Must have a Bachelors’ Degree in Law,
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience (post admission) in a legal department in a busy corporate environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional inter-personal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prepare complex legal documents
- Legal risk management
- Commercial awareness
How to Apply
Qualified individuals are invited to send their application along with detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Position as the Subject of the email.
To be considered, your application must be received on/before the 3rd April 2018.