Our client in a law firm is urgently seeking to hire a Litigation Associate to join their dedicated team.
- Drafting and reviewing of litigation documents including pleadings, notices, affidavits, and correspondence;
- Furnishing legal opinions and advice on diverse areas of the law arising in commercial litigation
- Consultations with clients and counsel
- Reviewing new and other relevant legislation;
- Attending court at the High Court, Magistrate’s Court and Subordinate Tribunals;
- Conducting negotiations with a view to settling potentially litigious matters
- Conducting the administration of a lawyer’s practice, including file management and electronic time-keeping
- Preparing training seminars for junior associates
- Providing articles, technical notes and client briefing notes
- Undergraduate degree in law with excellent academic grades
- Hold a current Practicing Certificate
- Have at least three years post admission experience within the litigation team of a busy law firm
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team including engaging in cross functional collaborations.
- Must be computer literate
- Have good communication, presentation, research and analytical skills
- Should have been admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya at least three (3) years ago.
- Ability to analyze problems from all angles showing sound, practical and creative solutions
If qualified kindly send your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘litigation associate’ on the subject line by 12th March 2018