Job Vacancy: Manufacturing Supervisor
About Schneider – East Africa: Schneider Electric is a global specialist company in energy management and automation. At Schneider Electric we develop technologies and solutions to manage energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable.
The Group invests in research and development in order to sustain innovation and differentiation, with a strong commitment to sustainable development. Schneider Electric employs 170,000 people worldwide.
We are strong players in various end markets including buildings, utilities & infrastructure, industry & machine manufacturers, data centres and networks
About the role: Schneider Electric Kenya seeks a highly qualified Manufacturing Supervisor to manage our low voltage switchboards assembly line.
The individual will be Responsible for management of assembly teams to meet customer needs in terms of cost, quality and lead time and to drive continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all health and safety regulations, staff management & evaluation and will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc.
- Prepare and schedule Monthly & weekly production plans
- Ensure achievement of production schedules in accordance with the objectives of cost, quality and lead time, through daily supervision and job evaluation.
- Execute assembly tasks in line with the expected level of safety, quality, cost and time.
- Adjust production schedule by undertaking load versus resource balance while utilizing real time shop floor management systems in line with customer priorities and variations in customer demand.
- Enforce safety & health rules & 5S throughout the manufacturing area and ensure Occupational Safety & Health Administration standards and policies are complied with.
- Animate daily Short Interval Meetings & define daily action plan/targets with appropriate indicators and evaluation
- Prepare daily & monthly production reports.
- Organize the training needs of teams and manage the versatility in accordance with the target defined.
- Coordinating with other functions of the organization to ensure seamless flow of operations.
- Contribute to the industrial processes improvement and Participate at investment proposals definition to contribute to continuous improvement
- Responsible for standard management tasks that includes employees’ performance, discipline, badging, development, engagement, absence, e.t.c.
- Ensure good employment relationship within the team.
- Participate in the Projects Kick Off and projects review meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering-Electrical, Mechanical or Mechtronics
- At least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment at supervisory level
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, layouts, Single line diagrams, specifications and schematics
- Effective interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively while delivering under pressure
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Be able to work within approved budget, develops and implement cost saving measures, and Conserve organizational resources.
- Self driven and proactive
- Ability to use KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to monitor industrial performance
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online