Our client a top printing and branding company in Nairobi, Kenya that provides branding and printing services as well as promotional merchandise seeks to fill the vacant position of Systems Administrator.
The Systems Administrator will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for overall ICT and ERP system administration to ensure seamless operations and financial reporting within a printing environment.
Applicants for this position must have an accounting / financial background and specifically have experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP systems supported by relevant certifications in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and SQL Database.
- Solutions analysis, design, customization, implementation, upgrades and maintenance of the core Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system as well as other software systems in use by the company, in line with approved user requirements and business units’ needs.
- Customize Navision to meet approved internal user requirements.
- This will mainly include modification and creation of reports and user interface while working hand in hand with the Navision supplier.
- Manage Navision user rights and trouble-shoot ad hoc user queries as they arise.
- Perform routine database maintenance and other business continuity procedures including Navision training to users.
- Work hand in hand with Accounts department to ensure proper capture of financial data in the system.
- Working closely with Stores, Logistics, and Production departments to ensure there is proper process flow and audit trail of transactions and that the system supports the intended internal control system.
- Advise management on any issues concerning Navision including its implementation, maintenance, upgrade etc. in conjunction with the supplier.
- Work with other ICT staff in general systems maintenance and development.
The successful candidates will have the following attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ICT, or equivalent from recognized institution.
- Proficiency in 4GL programming, MCSE or MCSD and other configuration packages is essential.
- 5 years’ experience working with the Navision Financials ERP.
- Experience in the Printing industry, manufacturing, or project management are an added advantages.
- Knowledge of Cisco networking and Oracle software applicable for LAN and wireless WAN will also be advantageous.
- Hands-on experience in SQL database management and network administration.
- Be a self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have excellent written and spoken English and communication skills.
- Be a team player.
Candidates who meet the requirements specified above should submit their applications so as to reach the specific addresses shown below by close of business on 22nd March at 6.00pm.
Applications to include CVs with details of their day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport and 2 Passport photos.
Applications for the position of Systems Administrator should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or hand delivered to
Simco Plaza, 4th floor, Suite 401, Lusaka Road,
P.O Box 40969-00100,
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation / details as sought for will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.