Mhasibu Sacco Society Ltd
We are a leading Sacco with an indisputable record of performance and with a rapidly growing countrywide membership comprising mainly of professionals.
The Sacco is seeking to recruit a suitable self-driven, result oriented and highly qualified individual for the following position:
Overall purpose of the job: To ensure adequacy of internal controls and assessing the effectiveness of compliance and governance processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Developing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive internal audit plan and system of internal controls to help provide assurance that applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are Complied with;
- Examining financial transactions for accuracy and compliance with entity policies and applicable laws and regulations;
- Evaluating financial and operational procedures to assure adequate internal controls are present;
- Identifying, assessing, and evaluating risk areas: make appropriate recommendations for improved internal controls and accounting procedures; researching and adopting industry best practices where appropriate;
- Working with the senior leadership identify key business risks, assessing those risks, and establishing risk management procedures and practices based on industry best practices;
- Identifying pertinent portions and best Practices emerging within the industry which can assist the Sacco in producing accurate and reliable financial reporting information;
- Overseeing the implementation and administration of the Sacco whistle-blower policy addressing and responding In a timely manner all submitted complaints;
- Preparing necessary reports for the Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
- Researching and responding to internal audit inquiries from the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer, and other members of senior management;
- Completing projects and perform other duties as assigned by the Audit Committee and the Board of directors.
Minimum academic and professional qualifications required
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting,
- CPA Finalist,
- Master Degree is an added advantage,
- A member of a relevant professional body,
- Diploma in cooperative management and CISA is an added advantage,
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience,
- Strong analytical skills,
- Proficiency in MS office suite of package,
- Provide certificate of good conduct.
How to Apply
All applications, copies of certificates, relevant testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae, current salary and expected salary to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission of all application is on or before 6th April 2018 by 5.00pm.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.