Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni.
Job Title: Mental Health Supervisor
Location: Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Start date: Immediately
Length of contract: 3- month contract with a possibility of extension of up to 12 months based on performance
Work location: Dagahaley Refugee Camp
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Medical Coordinator (Medco)
Main purpose: Participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / psycho-social related services in the programme in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the MTL and Hospital director and other team members, to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the resources while maintaining high levels of quality
- Coordinate activities of counselling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, etc.) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols
- Ensure updated protocol and tools are used. Drugs are prescribed according to the standard list. Admission and discharge criteria for the MH patients are respected.
- Ensure patient education is provided at the waiting area of mental health clinic as well as individually coordinate the defaulter tracing health education with the outreach supervisor.
- Train team under your supervision, and ensure/ follow up the implementation of training.
- Offer clinical supervision to MH officer, psychosocial counsellor and MH auxiliary nurses in collaboration
- Organize weekly departmental meetings; document the recommendation /decision/ and action points.
- Perform any other duty assigned by direct supervisor.
- Either nurse diploma, state recognized, for general health services
- And a psychiatric nurse diploma.
Experience: Psychiatric Nurse Experience of at least 2 years.
Languages: English essential, local language desirable.
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- People Management.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 10th April 2018 to http://uhired.me/job/179.
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)