National Democratic Institute
Summary: National Democratic Institute is seeking to recruit two (2) interns to provide support to its program team working on the Women and youth political participation program as well as strategic engagement with political parties.
The positions are to be based in Nairobi with possibility of travel to other counties’. The interns will support the program managers in planning, coordinating and implementing programs.
- Organize, conduct and contribute to workshops in collaboration with NDI Kenya staff.
- Assist program staff in developing and using appropriate tools and indicators to collect relevant monitoring and evaluation data.
- Assist program staff in analyzing M&E data to effectively realize best practices, lessons learned, and success stories.
- Assist in collection, editing, and distribution of meeting minutes
- Assist in administrative duties such as; making bookings, logistics, mobilization, record management and record keeping
- Assist in the management of financial activities such as expense reconciliation
- Assist to conduct internal research for the program
- Contribute to activity and program planning.
- Undertake other duties that may be assigned to meet the fluid nature of the programs.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge & Attitudes
- University degree preferably in political science, law, social science or any related subject.
- Computer literacy; well conversant with Microsoft Office, google apps
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic report writing and budgeting/accounting skills
- Should be within the age limit of 18-25 years old. Fresh graduates preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the current political context and recent developments in Kenya
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Well-organized and skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Flexible, diligent and team-oriented.
- Must uphold the highest integrity values
Interested applicants should submit their applications to email@example.com by March 16, 2018.
The successful applicant should be ready to start April 1, 2018.
No phone calls please.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.