Olmara Registrars LLP
Job Vacancy: Company Secretary
Job Brief: Olmara Registrars LLP offers pro-active, client-focused professional Corporate and Governance services to organizations in Kenya and the region. We are committed to providing a high-quality service that represents value for money.
To achieve this, we invest time in gaining a thorough understanding of each client’s business and develop close working relationships with our clients.
Reporting to the Partner, the incumbent will be required to carry out the following duties;
- Advise board members of various companies on their duties, responsibilities and powers;
- Ensure that board policies are maintained in line with the law, rules and regulations;
- Prepare minutes of meetings and following up on decisions made at meetings;
- Ensure effective management of legal risks through compliance with legal norms and corporate governance standards;
- Monitor the operating environment and advise companies on the necessary policy changes in line with changes in the law and the regulatory environment;
- Manage company statutory compliance and reporting duties;
- Draft agendas, board plans and maintain statutory registers;
- Perform general administration duties;
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Partner.
- Graduate from a recognized university preferably with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB);
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK);
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), analytical, problem solving, negotiation, inter-personal relations, time management, and organization skills;
- Computer proficient;
- At least 5 years practical experience;
- Must be acquainted with the Business Registration Service (ecitizen);
- Corporate Governance Audit training will be a distinct advantage;
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th April 2018.