We are an Orthopedic Hospital with a very strong inclination towards the Ministry and winning souls for the kingdom of God.
We are looking for;
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding patient’s condition and treatment options, so as to be certain how the anesthetics will respond within the patient.
- Explain to the patient or parent/guardian about the anesthesia to give i.e. GA or regional, educate them about the effects of the anesthesia and answer any questions they may have. Ally any anxiety.
- Administer anesthetic for patients in PACU and write the drugs given on the anesthesia record sheet, inform the PACU Nurse the drugs given. Leave patient with the PACU nurse. The nurse is to monitor the patient until fully recovered and ready for discharge to ward.
- Have all that you require for the patient before you have the patient in the OR i.e. appropriate size ETT, LMA, drugs, IV fluids etc.
- Maintain appropriate levels of anesthesia and monitor patients during surgery. Record on the patient’s anesthesia record all the findings, drugs given with time given, fluids and total amount at the end of surgery etc. Must immediately explain to the surgeon if anything seems unusual and the Head of the department.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
- BSN degree or Higher Diploma in Kenya registered nurse Anaesthetist.
- Minimum of two years of practical nursing experience
- Fully qualified and certified as a nurse anesthetist or anesthesiologist
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Should have knowledge on comprehensive pain management and anesthesia care to patients
- Know all the accepted anesthetic techniques and modalities including the general anesthesia, epidural, spinal, peripheral nerve block, simple sedation, or local administration of anesthetic agents
- Must be knowledgeable of anesthesia, equipment and procedures
Send your C.V and Cover letter quoting the job title in the email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 30th March 2018