Job Vacancy: Finance Officer
OSIEA promotes vibrant and inclusive democracies in Eastern Africa. Founded in 2005, OSIEA plays an active role in encouraging informed dialogue about issues of public importance.
We promote democratic governance, justice, human rights, equality and non-discrimination, respect for rule of law and protection of rights of minorities. We play a key role in amplifying the voices that promote open society ideals. We do this by supporting individuals, organizations, coalitions, and movements.
We do this through grant-making, research, and advocacy. OSIEA works in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Sudan, and South Sudan. (For more details check www.osiea.org)
The Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa (OSIEA) seeks to recruit a Finance Officer.
Overall job purpose: Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Director, the finance officer provides leadership in execution of financial services in OSIEA ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial service.
The Finance Officer promotes an all-inclusive approach consistent with OSIEA rules and regulations; works with program teams to resolve complex finance related issues and information delivery.
S/he develops external relationships with appropriate partners such as auditors, bankers and other relevant statutory bodies. The Finance Officer also provides advice on financial risk management.
Ensure accurate and complete Financial reports by;
- Preparing monthly cash and bank reconciliations.
- Reconciling Creditors balances in to their respective statements on a monthly basis.
- MOUs and consultancy accountability reports are accurate.
- Review staff credit card accountability reports.
- Prepare Monthly Financial Reports Pack.
- Confirm Fixed Asset sub ledger account is complete, accurate and reconciled to the General ledger.
- Masters degree in Finance and Accounting or a related field.
- Should be a certified public accountant CPA (K).
- Excellent hands on experience in a complex accounting system.
- Advanced skills in spread sheets and other computer packages.
- High level Analytical and problem solving skills.
- At least six years’ relevant work experience in finance and accounting.
- Extraordinary initiative, creativity and capacity to think practically.
- Excellent coordination, networking and facilitation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team member and independently, with a high level of self-motivation
- Excellent listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences.
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail in order to produce high quality output.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and negotiate under pressure.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should mail their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com by by 16th March 2018.
The position will attract a competitive salary with good benefits package.