Women in Modern Agriculture (WIMA) is implementing a 4 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program in Rarieda Sub- County, Siaya County, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them including multi-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their HHs.
WIMA wishes to recruit the following:
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Duty Station: Rarieda Sub-County
- In consultation with WIMA management, setting up and monitoring the financial system in order to ensure that the organization finances are maintained in accurate and timely manner.
- Maintaining accounts payables and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate monthly reports
- Managing employee files and records to ensure complete and accurate payment of benefits and allowances.
- Collection of data and maintaining manual and computerized prime accounting records.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow statements.
- Efficient and effective office management services and administrative support.
- Preparing invoices for services rendered and Goods purchased in line with USG funded projects.
- Maintaining up to date information on exchange rates on behalf of the organization.
- Administration, reconciliation and weekly/monthly reporting to project Coordinator/Director on petty cash and all bank accounts.
- Manage the project finance and oversee all local procurement ensuring that donor’s/organization’s policies are adhered to.
- Submit monthly returns to KRA
- Preparing and managing cash flow projections
- Support Project coordinator and other project staff in drafting budgets, preparation of field documents and submission of field reports.
- Implementing the organization’s internal controls
- Performing financial monitoring of WIMA and its related offices.
- Preparing regular monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce- Accounting or Finance Option from a recognized institution.
- Holder of CPA K or equivalent
- Registered with institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and registration of Accountants Board of Kenya (RAB)
- Have at least 3 years experience in USG funded program.
- Familiar with financial reporting software’s; QuickBooks and Tally
- Have high integrity and fulfill the chapter 6 requirements of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Additional Required Qualities:
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
NB: Knowledge of the local language (Luo) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your application and address it to THE C.E.O WIMA-CBO with your daytime contacts (cell phone number) to reach us latest Monday, 19th, March, 2018.
WIMA- CBO, P.O. Box 133 Nyilima.
OR deliver to WIMA office in Kalandini, Rarieda Sub-County, opposite AP camp.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Women in Modern Agriculture (WIMA) is implementing a 4 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program in Rarieda Sub- County, Siaya County, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them including multi-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their HHs.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.