Women in Modern Agriculture (WIMA) is implementing a 4 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program in Rarieda Sub- County, Siaya County, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them including multi-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their HHs.
WIMA wishes to recruit the following:
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M & E)
Location: Rarieda Sub-County
Job Summary: The M&E Officer is responsible for ensuring data quality management, data aggregation, accurate and timely reporting, training staff in data collection tools, and ensuring proper usage and implementation of M&E tools and methodologies.
S/he is also responsible for maintaining the projects databases, running regular reports, and responding to ongoing needs and queries for specific data and/or reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with provided M&E plan to ensure program activities are tracked, reviewed in line with the overall goal and implementation plan and have the desired impact to achieve program goals and objectives
- Lead efforts to monitor progress, evaluate effectiveness, and disseminate results of the program activities
- Ensure program learning agendas are developed and followed
- Train on and monitor use of monitoring and evaluation tools to track program activities, outcomes and impact
- Ensure adherence to compliance of M&E methodology and systems using developed tools and indicators
- Build M&E competencies of program staffs through training and technical assistance to ensure accurate data collection, monitoring, data analysis and interpretation and reporting
- Provide technical input, supervise and participate in program evaluations including midterm and end term evaluations.
- Advise Project Coordinator on M&E-related procedures and policy training activities
- Meet program M&E deliverables on time.
- Help ensure quality performance of technical efforts and field activities by coordinating programmatic reporting, quality of data management and information
- Conduct regular visits to worksites to monitor the development and implementation of M&E activities
- Support the documentation of program learning throughout the life of the program
- Manage program databases and run regular reports to monitor progress including Program Tracker.
- Adhere to and incorporate into day-to-day operations WIMA/CRS office Standards of Professionalism
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all privileged information regarding both human resources and fiscal matters
- Assist with any other duties as required by Supervisor
- The duties listed above are not inclusive of all your duties at WIMA. WIMA reserves the right to change and update position descriptions at any time.
Education and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in M&E or its equivalent
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 4years’ experience in managing and reporting the applications of quantitative and qualitative information management methods of local and international projects
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in managing information systems and the application of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience with OVC Program funded by USG.
- HIV prevention programming among young people is a plus
- Familiar with reporting through KePMS, OLMIS & CPIMS
- Knowledge of youth appropriate M&E approaches a plus
- Proven knowledge and experience utilizing applications for the design, monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of statistical software
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with professional contacts
- Demonstrate flexibility, cultural sensitivity when working with NGO partners, and the ability to adapt CHF policies and procedures to the local context
- A person of known integrity
- Demonstrate the ability to work constructively in a team
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in both English and Swahili.
- Ability to interact clearly and effectively with donors and other organizations
- Strong organizational skills
Working Conditions: Able to work for long hours on computer.
Required Travel: Travel within the project area at least 90%
NB: Knowledge of the local language (Luo) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your application and address it to THE C.E.O WIMA-CBO with your daytime contacts (cell phone number) to reach us latest Monday, 19th, March, 2018.
WIMA- CBO, P.O. Box 133 Nyilima.
OR deliver to WIMA office in Kalandini, Rarieda Sub-County, opposite AP camp.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Women in Modern Agriculture (WIMA) is implementing a 4 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program in Rarieda Sub- County, Siaya County, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them including multi-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their HHs.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.