Women in Modern Agriculture (WIMA) is implementing a 4 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program in Rarieda Sub- County, Siaya County, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them including multi-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their HHs.
WIMA wishes to recruit the following:
Position: Social Worker
Location: Rarieda Sub-County.
Purpose of the Position: Provide quality, comprehensive OVC support i.e. health, education, psychosocial support, economic opportunity, shelter, nutrition, HIV prevention, Social and legal protection, Economic Strengthening e.t.c working together with Community health Volunteers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts needs assessment for individual OVC and recommend necessary care and support.
- Make referrals and follow up of OVC under support through home and school visits
- Network with other partners to ensure child welfare, well being and survival in the community
- Lead and ensure proper distribution of one time relief services to children in need
- Work with health department to advice on the social issues affecting child health and recommend a care plan for the necessary therapy
- Work with vulnerable families and economic empowerment team to assess and advice on social economic needs of the families
- Maintain child documentation and profiling for all the OVC in the program
- Manage and maintain a profile of donor funding to individual families in need
- Assist the households to come up with a quarterly budget and make follow ups to ensure that the households are incurring expenditure as per the stipulated budget.
- Writing a Child Status Progress report on a quarterly basis
- Developing a school lists for all school going children at all levels
- Assist in any other communication need between the organization and the OVC
- Develop and manage a child profiling system.
- Ensure child participation in special events like; the day of the African Child, world Malaria day, World Aids day, clean up exercises amongst others.
- Train the OVC on different life skills areas and supervise their progress
- Identify challenges that the OVC may be experiencing and identify possible solutions.
- Assist to carry out holistic empowerment of the OVC
- Ensure all caregivers are registered in Village Savings and Loaning groups where they abide by the groups laws and undergo continuous capacity building.
- Properly maintain parent/guardian group lists
- Writing monthly status reports
- Complete the home visits records as well as OVC information and submit the same to the supervisor
- Assist in Coordinating, monitoring and supervising the implementation of OVC activities
- Write and analyze the field reports before submission to the supervisors
- Attend meetings whenever called for and participate with opinions and ideas.
- Actively participate in the Psycho-Social Support, for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the PSS on their own.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor from time to time and which are geared towards achieving the overall goal of home visitation.
Level of education and Professional Qualifications
- Diploma in any Social Science discipline focused on community development.
- Must have at least 3 years experience working with high number of OVC burdens preferably with USG funded project.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Access.
- Holder Valid Motor cycle Ridding licence
- High analytical skills.
- Records Management Training.
Required Travel: Travel within the project area at least 90%
NB: Knowledge of the local language (Luo) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your application and address it to THE C.E.O WIMA-CBO with your daytime contacts (cell phone number) to reach us latest Monday, 19th, March, 2018.
WIMA- CBO, P.O. Box 133 Nyilima.
OR deliver to WIMA office in Kalandini, Rarieda Sub-County, opposite AP camp.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Women in Modern Agriculture (WIMA) is implementing a 4 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program in Rarieda Sub- County, Siaya County, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them including multi-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their HHs.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.