Privatization Commission is a state corporation established under Section 3 of the Privatization Act (2005) to formulate, manage and implement the Privatization Programme.
The Commission is seeking to recruit and hire qualified and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Chief Manager, Transactions which have fallen vacant.
Job Ref. No : 281/AV/TS
Reporting to the Executive Director/CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the ED/CEO in leading privatization transactions.
Other key responsibilities include:-
- Provide leadership, maintain discipline, trains and appraises staff in the team.
- Motivate and nurture the department to achieve overall objectives.
- Lead the department by budgeting, planning and directing resources to achieve targets and objectives.
- Supervise the development, implementation and management of Transaction policies.
- Oversee staff development.
- Ensure performance measures are designed to evaluate performance against the strategic plan.
- Ensure reporting on work done into the reporting structures in the Institution on a monthly; quarterly or annual basis.
- Play a senior leadership role in bringing the internal community along to support the outputs delivered by developing effective and strategic relationships.
- Build a highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in delivery.
- Take responsibility for the reports emerging from the division and all documentation sent to the Executive Director.
- Oversee division’s budgeting, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, cash flow and debt management.
- Supervise mentor and coach staff.
- Lead financial transactions and negotiations;
- Formulate guidelines for implementation of privatization transactions;
- Ensure timely implementation of transactions assigned;
- Lead assignments to develop specific technical papers/presentations, manuals and training materials as required;
- Create awareness, publicity and advocacy of the privatization programme to galvanize support nationally and internally;
- Create and maintain strong relationships and communication linkages with key stakeholders;
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects central to the execution of the privatization transactions;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination between the various transactions;
- Provide secretarial, logistical and coordination services to the transactions;
- Prepare transaction action plan, and the associated budgets;
- Identify and manage transaction’s commercial and project risks and opportunities;
- Identify required advisory services, developing Terms of Reference (TOR) for advisory assignments and coordinating the procurement processes;
- Provide technical oversight and advice on specific transactions including quality-reviewing and disseminating all consultant reports and comments from stakeholders;
- Monitor privatization transactions and ensuring that data required for demonstrating transaction impact and lessons learned are collected, analyzed and integrated into transaction monitoring and evaluation system.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- A relevant Master’s degree from a recognized university;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics or equivalent studies from a recognized university;
- CPA (K), CFA or equivalent professional qualification and membership of relevant professional bodies;
- At least 12 years post-graduation experience, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience at a senior managerial level.
- Should provide details of transactions undertaken which best illustrate the candidate’s knowledge and experience in planning and implementation of transactions;
- Should be a visionary, self-driven individual with a track record of honesty and integrity;
- Should have outstanding leadership, managerial & organizational skills and the proven ability to lead and manage results oriented teams;
- Should have excellent negotiation, interpersonal and team work skills as well as sound judgment to interpret, analyse and resolve operational problems;
- Should have a clear understanding of the investment and development needs of the country.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND REMUNERATION
The Chief Manager, Transactions shall serve the Commission for a term of 3 years and shall be eligible to renewal, subject to satisfactory performance.
An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position.
Applicants should either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, names of at least three (3) professional referees, , details of current employer and position held, current and expected salary, and day time telephone through the address given below:
Shortlisted applicants are expected to get clearance from the following bodies.
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA;
- Leadership and Integrity Act Self Declaration Form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The Executive Director/CEO
P.O. Box 34542 – 00100
Extelcoms House, 11th Floor
Applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on the 2nd April 2018.
Privatization Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.