Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for a Processor / Operations Clerk position for one of our client.
Key Result Areas (Main accountabilities and approximate time split)
Delivering Operational / Service Excellence + Capture vetted applications 60%
- Ensure data is captured as per the SLA and as per the process.
- Meet daily individual targets in processing all products as allocated by team leader.
- Demonstrate personal initiatives on time management.
- Ensure work assigned is actioned same day while observing compliance checks.
- Ensure timely escalation of issues either by providing Management information or by use of other available channels.
- Spearhead Risk and Control awareness, identification of Hotspots, promote best practices across the team on a regular basis.
- Ensure all work is processed accurately with minimum errors.
- Ensure all customer queries are resolved same day; otherwise be quick to escalate outstanding queries.
- Minimize centre costs through proper use of resources, i.e. water, electricity, telephones, stationery, equipment’s, and minimized printing.
- Populate Individual MI on the RTM system, accurately capturing reporting time, work volumes and breaks.
- Capture the application details on core systems as per the stipulated guidelines on the procedure manuals.
- Acquire new skills or train a colleague to enable you or them work on any desk during emergencies.
- Ensure efficient time management within the team by completing and handing over the days work in time.
- Nominate team members or yourself for eagle awards or job swap.
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working by challenging the status quo and supporting an empowering climate within the team, sharing knowledge, experience, best practice and providing constructive feedback as required.
- Manage Leave as required.
- Participate in local events to support local needs, develop individual and team skills and raise the bank’s profile in the local community.
- Continuously seeking feedback for improvement purposes.
- Agree performance management objectives with the team manager.
- Pursue self-development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
- Ensure allocated training is undertaken as per set timelines.
- Ensure to have monthly one on one performance discussions with your line manager.
Controls (Mandatory for all roles) 10%
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Bank’s Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Champion adherence to governance and control processes within the team
- Sampling of team members lending decisions to ensure that team is operating within policy, discretion and SLA
- Act as a reference point for all issues relating to process and procedures as well as governance issues within the team
- Undertake snap checks as assigned by the team manager
- Compile daily MI on personal productivity.
Technical Skills / Competencies
- Strong personal and team organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Decision Making skills
- Change management abilities including issue management and resolution
- Good numeric skills
- Good problem solving abilities
- Quality conscious
- Keyboarding / PC skills
- Team working
- Business Focus
- Ability to work under pressure
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
Knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies and/or other specialist knowledge required to undertake the role:
- In-depth knowledge of relevant processes and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of operational risk and rigor requirements and standards applicable to the relevant processes and procedures.
- Clear understanding of the team performance objectives – service level agreements and customer service targets.
- Sound understanding of technical systems e.g. TSM, vision +,Sybrin, FCR etc.
- A working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Money Laundering, service standards, health and safety standards etc.
- Knowledge of loan; card and account opening products.
- Understanding of the Bank’s processes and procedures related to credit scoring
- Good knowledge of complaints handling procedure.
- Knowledge of team interfaces with other business areas, Centre’s and branches.
- Awareness of OPS & IT goals and objectives.
- A broad awareness of Retail products and services.
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role:
- Visual concentration relating to screen-based work and checking work done
- Manual dexterity(skilful performance or ability) relating to keyboarding activity
- Will be required to work flexibly across a range of processes and activities at a similar level
- Communication skills
- Change management
- Decision making
- Effective planning
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business related field from a recognized university
- KCSE mean grade C+ (Plus), with a C+ (Plus) in both Mathematics and English
- Computer literacy a must
- The candidates must be willing to work at any of the Bank’s branches countrywide.
How to Apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your current remuneration not later than 28th March 2018, 5:00pm.
Kindly note only qualified candidates will be contacted.
“Our Client embraces equal opportunity”