Centre for Health Solutions — Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS continues to grow as the preferred partner for health solutions by consistently focusing on the delivery of quality services and continuous improvement in a
transparent and accountable manner.
CHS is sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following positions:
Reference Number: 02/041/PO/2018
Based in Siaya, Kenya
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Officer will be responsible for the implementation of project activities to ensure increased identification and improved viral suppression among adolescents living with HIV in Siaya.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education, the Program Officer will come up with age-appropriate messages for pupils while ensuring consent from guardians
- Ensure tailor-made counselling of pupils and well as students in high school using peer mentors and approved counsellors to improve testing
- Ensure sensitization of parents, teachers and school heads to get buy-in and acceptance of the program within Siaya
- Support adolescents struggling with adherence through Operation Triple Zero (OTZ) clubs as well as mobile adolescent adherence platforms
- Monitor adolescents with mental health challenges and support in connecting them to care and treatment as well as adherence
- Use technology to develop innovative school screening and enhanced peer mentorship models in Siaya
Required Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent
- Minimum of three years working experience
- Familiarity with the Kenyan health system
- Familiarity with HIV community programs including peer education
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the reference number and position title in the subject line by 5.00PM Friday, March 23, 2018.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
BEWARE: Please be advised that CHS is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity / offer that requires payment of any fees / money.