Job Vacancy: Project Officer
Job Ref: BL28218
Job Profile: Project Management and Business Development
Job Scope: Project Planning; Project Management; Supplier / Subcontractor Liaison / New Business Development
- Visit site and identify scope of work and prepare quotation.
- Prepare project plans detailing the steps required.
- Calculate material costs and personnel needed to complete the project.
- Prepare project timelines to indicate when each stage must be completed.
- Interview and select all personnel to work on the site.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans using computers.
- Effectively plan and allocate required resources to achieve the set objectives.
- Explain worksite policy, project goals/milestones and safety procedures to workers.
- Organize work activities and meet with Supervisors to review project goals/milestones and progress to ensure timelines are being met.
- Prepare reports for Directors or Clients indicating cost overruns, workplace injuries or the causes of project/construction delays.
- Work within the set key performance indicators.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Assemble and forward project closeout documents to the Head of Projects.
- Undertake client presentations.
Supplier / Subcontractor Liaison
- Negotiate with vendors and suppliers to obtain the best pricing and delivery schedule.
- Responsible for selecting subcontractors (if needed) from pre-existing panel and negotiating the terms of their contracts in liaison with Procurement Department
New Business Development
- Develop a Business Development plan to drive business growth.
- Identify tendering opportunities and ensure participation and award
- Prepare monthly Business pipeline clearly showing timelines for closure
- Grow business from existing customers
- At least a Degree in a construction related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Good understanding of project management.
- A motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Flexible to understand people’s point of view as well as demonstrate willingness to change ideas or perceptions.
- Must be proactive and a team leader.
- Should possess good leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews