Our client is in the Real Estate business and seeks to recruit a Finance Manager
Reports To: Executive Chairman
Location: Head Office, Nairobi, Kenya
Position Summary: To ensure best practice in financial management of the organization in order to maximize efficiency and growth.
Leadership: With the Executive Chairman, develops annual and long-range plans to support and advance the Company’s goals.
- Responsible for the overall good maintenance of accountings books and systems ensures compliance with organizational financial policy as well as statutory requirements for Resorts and Cities and the subsidiary companies.
- Prepares timely and accurate monthly financial statements (Balance Sheet, Statements of Cash Flow, P & L budget vs. Actual and a Management Report)
- Develop and document financial policy and budgeting policies and procedures and disseminate the same among the relevant staff
- In consultation with the Executive Chairman, maintains and operates bank accounts of the company so as to ensure efficient management of the company’s financial resources
- In consultation with the Executive Chairman and heads of departments, will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the Company’s financial forecasts; annual budgets, annual budget variance and the Business Plan
- Manages cash flow including short term investments
- Ensures maintenance of effective internal controls to safeguard assets and assure reliability of financial statements
- Co-ordinates and works with the Procurement Manage in negotiating with suppliers’ suitable payment terms
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget, ensuring a system is in place to monitor and control fixed assets
- Prepares for and manages the annual audit process with the external auditors
- Maintain contract file for consultants and service providers and ensures payments to them match contracted amounts.
- Manages the banking relationships, including any transition to a new bank
- Prepares annual tax filings for the company as required by KRA
- To do any other duties that may be allocated by management.
Payroll: Oversees and supervises the preparation, review and approval of the payroll and ensure compliance with the statutory payments as per deadline i.e. – KRA / NSSF / NHIF
Administration and Human Resources: Custodian of the Human Resource strategy and policies.
Other: Any other duties that may be allocated by management
The job operates in a very competitive real estate market, with the head office in Nairobi and the site construction offices in Naivasha and Makuyu.
ii. Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field – B.com; CPA (K) with at least 6 years relevant work experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, discretion, diplomacy and judgment
- Strong teamwork, positive and proactive
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities, a sense of humor
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints as well as handle a number of tasks simultaneously
ii. Key Success Factors
- Cost control within approved budget
- Zero complaints on the payroll
- Sound business decisions based on the accounting reports availed
- Good planning management of the cash flow
- Company is Statutory compliant
- Monthly account on time
- A motivated team
iv. Working Relationships
Internal – Interact and cooperate with all departments
External – All service providers
If you meet the above requirements and have a passion for Real Estate and a ‘Can Do’ attitude, send your CV in MS Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org