Our client is in the Real Estate business and seeks to recruit a Procurement Manager.
Reports To: General Manager – Operations & Administration
Location: Head Office, Nairobi, Kenya
Purpose Statement: Planning, organizing and supervising the comprehensive procurement of the company. Negotiate contracts, purchase required goods, and keep accurate records of transactions, trends, and performance with vendor.
- Administer contracts for vendor performance / compliance within established limited (e.g. prepare specifications, recommend vendors, conducting vendors meetings etc.) for purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Maintains procurement information, files and records (e.g. Purpose orders, vender files etc.) for purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies.
- Oversees required procurement processes e.g. orders, work orders and requisition for supplies, equipment, supplies equipment and services etc.
- Procurement related information, (e.g. tabulations, requisitions, product specifications, statements of work, performance terms, contracts etc.) is kept current for the purpose of information an authorizing for action.
- Obtain competitive quotations for Company requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased, using suppliers that have competitive pricing, value and quality
- Manage the database of active local contracts with suppliers
- Ensure Procurement Manual is current
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all Company policies and standards are upheld
- Work with the Finance Manager to draft the annual budget
- Maintain a record of commitments for all budgets and ensure that the relevant senior managers are constantly informed of updates
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Manage relationships with Company suppliers and report on their performance; building strong working relationships both internally and with key suppliers
- Manage employee relations, recruiting Team Members as required, and follow the appraisal procedures for Team Members
- Supervise the operation of the stores and logistics of materials movement; uphold company health and safety, quality assurance and control procedures, make improvements to the level of control, compile accurate stock records, and maintain proper records of requisition and replenishment transactions
- Monitor all areas of purchasing including contracts, leases and nominations
- Understanding and keeping up with new trends and regulations in the business
- Prepare the month end accounts/ reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Any other duties that may be allocated by management
i. Context / Environment
The job operates in a very competitive real estate market, with the head office in Nairobi and the site construction office in Naivasha.
ii. Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A higher Diploma in Construction with at least 5 years related work experience
- Planning and managing projects
- Purchasing and financial management
- Problem solving
- Communicating with diverse groups
- Meeting deadlines and schedules
- Working as part of a team
- Flexible to changing conditions
- Working with multiple projects
- Dealing with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Maintain confidentiality
- Competent negotiator and influencer
- Establishes effective relationships with internal and external clients
iii. Key Success Factors
- Cost control within approved budget
- Sound business decisions based on the materials and services
- No downtime experienced on project due to delay in materials
- A motivated team
iv. Working Relationships
Internal – Interact and cooperate with all departments. General Manager and MD and Finance & Admn. Manager on decision making
External – All service providers
If you meet the above requirements and have a passion for Real Estate and a ‘Can Do’ attitude, send your CV in MS Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org