Job Vacancy: ReDSS Program Support Officer
Background: The Regional Durable Solutions Secretariat (ReDSS) is a coalition of 12 NGOs working in the search of durable solutions in East Africa. ReDSS Secretariat is hosted by DRC and based in Nairobi with a country unit for Somalia and about to start a country unit in Ethiopia.
ReDSS is a coordination and information hub that focuses on research and knowledge management, program support, capacity development, learning, and policy influencing.
ReDSS Steering committee is composed of DRC, IRC and NRC For more information http://www.regionaldss.org/
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an independent, non-profit organization (NGO), founded on the basis of humanitarian principles, and human rights based approach, to secure the protection of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and to promoting long term solutions to the problems of forced displacement.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes in fragile states throughout the developing world. The East Africa and Yemen region consists of programmes in seven countries including Somalia, Kenya, Yemen, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Uganda and Tanzania.
OVERALL PURPOSE: The Program Support Officer is responsible to provide efficient and effective administrative and human resource support functions for the Regional Durable Solutions Secretariat (ReDSS) and the ReDSS Somalia country unit.
- Support organization of ReDSS trainings in Somalia and the region
- Support the organizations of learning events in Nairobi and in the region
- Support the development of ReDSS publications and communication materials
- Support the organization of ReDSS Solutions Analysis development processes
- Support the organization of ReDSS quarterly and annual meetings
- Update ReDSS internal and external mailing lists and database
- Support the coordination of research initiatives in line with ReDSS operational research priorities
- Assist in HR, financial management and monitoring of ReDSS budgets, expenditure, and compliance with donors rules and regulations
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate each of DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and leadership
- Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values
Education: Basic or advanced University degree in economics, accounting, finance or business administration, human resource or programme management
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in supporting the organization of events, meetings and workshops
- Experience in financial management
- Strong administrative and human resource skills with proven experience in providing support to programmes or secretariats
- Strong demonstrable experience in admin roles and budget monitoring of projects within an NGO (local or international)
- Excellent inter-personal facilitation and communication skills to build trusted relationships with a wide array of humanitarian and development partners, donors, Government agencies, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
- Strong IT command, close familiarity with the maintenance and management of template-style websites and experience of applying ICT (information communications technology) to knowledge management
- Flexibility, proactive engagement, ability to work under pressure and to demonstrate high tolerance for change, complexity and unpredictability
Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html). All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
Availability: 16th April 2018
Duty station: Nairobi with frequent travel in the region
Reporting to: ReDSS Coordinator
Contract: 12 months renewable contract dependent on both funding and performance. This is a national position, Salary and conditions in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Contract type: National contract
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to CLICK HERE to submit online an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. We only accept applications sent via our online-application on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Please forward the application no later than 09th March 2018.
Danish Refugee Council does not charge any kind of fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.
Application due: 3/9/2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.