Job Vacancies: Field Interviewers for Dreams IE Research Project
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC invites applications for quantitative field interviewers for impact evaluation of an intervention to address HIV among adolescent girls and young women living in urban informal settlements in Nairobi, Kenya.
Fieldwork will be conducted in Viwandani and Korogocho informal settlements from April to June 2018.
- Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) certificate, with a minimum grade of C+
- Knowledge of/or resident of Viwandani or Korogocho or other informal settlements in Nairobi
- Fluency in written and oral English and Kiswahili languages
- Proven experience in household surveys and experience with data collection pertaining to adolescents and youth populations
- Familiarity and proficiency in using tablets and/ or electronic gadgets for quantitative data collection
- Prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the study
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to work outside normal business hours
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidates will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Interview the study respondents using tablet computers
- Complete, edit and submit all assigned interviews for cross-checking and verification by the team leader/supervisor
- Keep updated records and databases of assigned work and maintain confidentiality of client data at all times
- Safeguard all assigned project equipment
- Attend and participate in all project meetings
- Timely reporting on project related issues to the Team Leader for quick and effective troubleshooting
- Handle project activities assigned by the supervisor and project manager
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter, CV listing three referees (at least one preferably from the most recent place of work), projects, including dates, done in APHRC (and/or outside APHRC) if any, and copies of academic certificates. Applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com by close of business 29th March 2018.
The email subject should be “Field Interviewer: DREAMS IE – Project”.
Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.