Position: Reservations Assistant (Travel Studio Specialist)
Reporting To: Purchasing & Reservations Manager
Position Purpose: PEAK DMC is a global leader in providing a rich diversity of destination experiences to a wide customer group. Our goal is to build trusting customer relationships to secure repeat business for the local DMC and within our global network of DMCs.
The Reservations team contributes to this success by providing quick and accurate bookings, confirmations and suitable alternatives to all accepted quotes for DMC clients. The team also completes reservations work for all Intrepid Group brands.
This Reservation Assistant role will work within the reservations team to deliver service-level excellence for PEAK DMC. The role will initially be responsible for supporting the migration from current systems to Travel Studio –including loading existing suppliers and services.
Once operational the role will be making bookings and confirmations with suppliers of all accommodation, transportation and required activities on trips in the region.
This will include Intrepid Group product as well as external group series and FIT trips as scheduled. This role also assists the manager in continually improving reservations processes and use of the system (Travel Studio).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or equivalent in tours & Travel operations
- Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Be passionate about travel, personable and self-motivated
- An understanding of and a passion for PEAK’s style of travel, including the styles of our different brands.
- Strong written and spoken communicate skills in English
- Strong computer and IT system skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with ticketing and other reservations processes
- Experience with a reservations system is advantageous
- Able to relax and have fun at work with the team and still meet objectives
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding of the local Travel Industry
- Technically savvy and a fast learner of new systems
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload
- Demonstrating high standards of customer service
- Confident and professional communication skills
- Can work independently and with a team
- Friendly and flexible
- A sense of humour and a smile!
|Operational Accountabilities||Benchmark Measure|
|Travel Studio loading||
|Reservations (booking and cancellations)||
|Ensure accurate reservation information sent to suppliers||
|espond to Intrepid Group sales department questions||
|Develop good working relationships with all suppliers||
|Develop good working relationships with all Group Leaders
|Process and take necessary action to feedback and complaints received||
|Accounting and Invoicing||
|Ensure all practical arrangements for trips are completed||
|Assist Purchasing & Reservations Manager with ad hoc projects||
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, send your application through the link. http://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/IG39 by 09/04/2018
NB: Any applications without the application form will automatically be disqualified.