The Riara University was born out of a sincere desire to provide a holistic approach in higher education. It is a logical continuation of our commitment, dating back to 1974, to ensure education and development of the whole child, learner and person.
Ours is a concept that goes beyond the classroom, syllabus-based learning, and reaches out to provide stimulation and motivation for self-development and capacity for life-long education.
Our mission is to provide a holistic education to enable each student to realize their full potential and to develop social and moral values which will underpin their actions through life.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Human Resource Officer.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the DVC and Group Human Resource Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing human resource strategies and policies that will promote and foster a work place environment consistent with the institutions values, mission, business plans and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Coordinate the design, development and implementation of the institutions HR policies and procedures, in line with RU’s objectives.
- Assist in the cost effective recruitment of faculty and administration staff.
- Coordinate the induction/orientation of new staff in addition to planning training and development programs for all staff.
- Manage records for staff on probation and follow through on their confirmation or any other required action upon completion of probation.
- Interact with benefit providers (medical, pension etc.) regarding enrollment and changes in employee status while maintaining internal staff records on the same.
- Prepare payroll documentation including entering new staff into the payroll system, processing adjunct salaries, and computing staff final dues.
- Oversee the performance management process including dissemination of annual appraisals, following up with the various Deans and Department Heads, analyze the feedback, assist in conducting institution-wide training needs assessment and identify skills gaps from analysis of performance appraisals.
- Support the development of a performance culture through elaborate policies, processes and procedures to achieve the University strategy.
- Track and update leave records ensuring they are always accurate and well updated.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing employment and statutory regulations as guided by Labour Laws; Employment Act, Labour Relations Act, Labour Institutions Act, OSHA, WIBA, NSSF, NHIF etc.
- Coordinate the separation management process ensuring that proper clearance and exiting procedures are undertaken, including the necessary internal communications.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate weekly reports to the Group Human Resource Manager.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to you.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or a related business degree.
- A Higher National Diploma in HR Management.
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Previous experience in an institution of higher learning is desirable.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience in a high performing enterprise.
- A team player with the ability to establish understanding and rapport with colleagues across the institution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV including current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to email@example.com by close of business Monday March 12th 2018.