Job Vacancy: Data Auditor
Job Ref: RSS/03/18/KENYA/CFC/003
Research Support Services Ltd. (RSS Group) is an independent employee-owned research consulting and institutional strengthening firm established to conduct health, policy, social, agricultural, environmental and development research through innovation, partnership and capacity building, with the aim of promoting evidence based decision making processes.
RSS is currently looking for short term data auditors to assist in field data quality checks and online editing for one of its potential agricultural survey projects in Kenya.
We are seeking qualified and self-motivated individuals who MUST be based in Nairobi with the following key qualifications;
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Agricultural Economics, Development Studies or any relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
- Undergraduates still studying but are in their advanced stages of study shall also be considered;
- Experience in conducting interviews on sensitive topics for research purposes preferably in the key sub-sectors of agriculture: agribusiness management, rural finance, rural markets, gender and economic empowerment;
- Past experience in conducting agribusiness studies and household surveys especially within poor and rural communities; agribusiness project evaluations and agribusiness value chains; and among youth and women;
- Experience in farm household income estimation and assessing working and living conditions in rural areas;
- Experience in conducting data quality checks using online/web based platforms especially ODK backbones including SurveyCTO, Formhub, KoBo, Ona, Survey Monkey, Magpi etc;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English a MUST; as well as a respective local language;
- Experience in qualitative & quantitative data collection and a demonstration of good interviewing & data entry; Strong ability to translate research documents in English;
- Good working knowledge of office computer applications preferably Word and Excel;
- Excellent skills in using online/ web based platforms for data collection, data entry and data quality checks. Additional knowledge of any quantitative and qualitative statistical package will be an added advantage (e.g. SPSS and Nvivo);
- Experience in use of mobile phones for data collection; familiarity with the use of digital voice recorders and GPS equipment and PDAs/Android Tablets for data collection, photography and recording.
The data collection work shall be conducted within the Republic of Kenya and is expected to be around May/June 2018.
We shall select researchers who emanate from and have knowledge of the local communities in Kenya.
If you feel you are the right person we are looking for, send a cover letter, CV and copies of academic certificates/transcripts to;
Ensure you state the vacancy reference in the subject line.
Applications MUST be received on or before 30th March 2018.