Job Vacancy: Enumerator
Job Ref: RSS/03/18/KENYA/CFC/001
Research Support Services Ltd. (RSS Group) is an independent employee-owned research consulting and institutional strengthening firm established to conduct health, policy, social, agricultural, environmental and development research through innovation, partnership and capacity building, with the aim of promoting evidence based decision making processes.
RSS is currently looking for short term enumerators to assist in data collection for one of its potential agricultural survey projects in Kenya.
We are seeking qualified and self motivated individuals with the following key qualifications;
- Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Community Development, Statistics or any relevant discipline from a recognized institution. Undergraduates still studying but are in their advanced stages of study shall also be considered;
- Experience in conducting interviews on sensitive topics for research purposes preferably in the key sub-sectors of agriculture: agribusiness management, rural finance, rural markets, gender and economic empowerment;
- Past experience in conducting agribusiness studies and household surveys especially within poor and rural communities; agribusiness project evaluations and agribusiness value chains; and among youth and women;
- Experience in farm household income estimation and assessing working and living conditions in rural areas;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Kiswahili a MUST; as well as a respective local language;
- Experience in qualitative & quantitative data collection and a demonstration of good interviewing & data entry;
- Extensive experience in qualitative data recording and a demonstration of skilled interviewing, expert note-taking, high quality transcription and translation; especially from a Local Language to English;
- Good working knowledge of office computer applications preferably Word and Excel. Additional knowledge of any quantitative and qualitative statistical package will be an added advantage (e.g. SPSS and Nvivo);
- Experience in use of mobile phones for data collection; familiarity with the use of digital voice recorders and GPS equipment and PDAs/Android Tablets for data collection, photography and recording.
The data collection work shall be conducted within the Republic of Kenya and is expected to be around May/June 2018.
We shall select researchers who emanate from and have knowledge of the local communities in Kenya.
If you feel you are the right person we are looking for, send a cover letter, CV and copies of academic certificates/transcripts to;
Ensure you state the vacancy reference in the subject line; and the local region where you are most familiar with.
Applications MUST be received on or before 30th March 2018.