Sustainable Agriculture Community Development Programme (SACDEP – Kenya) is a Development Organisation, with its head office based in Thika and working in 12 Counties in Central, Eastern, Coast and Rift Valley Regions of Kenya.
SACDEP-Kenya invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens to fill in the following post:
Small Holder Field Agro-Marketing Coordinator
The position will require a person who is able to implement and develop a Food and Agriculture Value Chain Programme.
Reporting to the Programs Manager, the person should have the following qualifications:-
1) Diploma or BSc. in any of these disciplines; Agriculture Marketing, Agribusiness or Agriculture Economics.
2) Practical Skills in designing and execution of community led Marketing programme.
3) 5 years experience working in a community integrated Water and Sanitation programme.
4) Thorough Knowledge on value chain development for Small Holder Agriculture
5) Experience in working with Small Holder Farmers in a similar project will be an added advantage.
6) A valid Motor Cycle riding license
1. Organise farmers into Organic Production Groups for Organic Markets.
2. Link organised groups to organic markets and outlets.
3. Mobilisation and Organisation of farmers to form Rural Savings and Credit Schemes.
4. Mobilisation and Organisation of farmers to initiate commercial Agri-based Rural Cottage Industries.
5. Build effective collaboration with diverse sector players including GoK, Credit Providers, CBO and NGOs with a view to linking farmers to markets, credit and information.
How to Apply
Applications to be accompanied by a CV and indicating current or previous salary to reach the undersigned on or before Wednesday 13th April 2018
If you will not have heard from us by 31st May 2018 kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
SACDEP – Kenya
P.O. Box 1134-01000