Job Vacancy: Sales Manager (Heavy Commercial Vehicles) – East Africa Zone
Division: International Operations (Africa business)
Department: East Africa, International Operations, Africa business
No. of openings: One
Location of opening: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade-band: L7-Managerial or equivalent
Reports to: Zonal Head & General Manager – East Africa
What are we looking for?
- Self-driven, energetic, result oriented sales professional
- Ability to quickly adapt to diverse cultures and working styles
- Flair and panache to build and maintain relationships with channel partners and local agencies (finance institutions, banks, key customers)
- Mahindra’s brand ambassador whilst not losing sight of channel requirements
- Creativity and latitude to plan and accomplish goals
What do we expect?
- Growing the existing markets & developing the new markets-working closely with distributors for execution of annual business plans in terms of sales & marketing plans.
- Implementing distributor and dealer standards. Ensuring sales processes and ordering process are complied with
- Achieving sales volumes, market share & profit targets by executing sales and marketing plan
- Improve Distributor Satisfaction Index & CAPs score
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate East African markets.
- Provides timely feedback regarding sales performance.
- Maintains accurate records of all competition pricings, sales and activity reports.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Maintains contact with all customers in relevant market to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all internal stakeholders
- Must be aware of international variances in cultural and legal issues pertaining to sales.
- Should be familiar with international business concepts, practices, procedures.
- Works with HR and Legal to develop international sales contracts in foreign markets
- Work closely with the Product team to ensure customer requirements are met on a timely basis
- Lead and Coordinate shipping, distribution and delivery with Supply Chain group.
Scope / dimension of job:
- HCV, LCV sales in a year – this would help in achieving the target for the year this has direct impact on the business
- Implementation of dealership standards & processes has direct impact which will cater to customer queries and will help in satisfying their needs
- Order Management to achieve sales volumes by coordinating with Production and logistics department indirect impact and can be
- measured by given target dates
Knowledge / Experience / Skills:
- Qualifications: BE (Mechanical / Automotive), MBA marketing , International Marketing
- Knowledge (Specialized, Technical or Professional): Custom rules and regulation, Technical Knowledge on products, Knowledge about rules related to CV products, Bank process for CV financing.
- Exposure to heavy commercial vehicle sales (especially tippers) in Kenya / EAC markets
- Skills: Selling Skills, Negotiation skills, Communication, Interpersonal, Planning and Team Work, Business Acumen, Inter-cultural
- Target following companies: Tata Motors, Ashok Leyland
No. of years of experience: 6 to 8 years
- Strategizing and seizing opportunities
- Review and monitoring
- Relationship building
- System and process orientation
- Business acumen
- Global agility
Other soft aspects:
- Relevant business experience in tipper sales is must
- Management of key customer account is must. This person needs to bring customers from competition to Mahindra
- First-hand experience in dealing with CV customers, customer profiling, enquiry generation process
- HCV Business is in nascent stage and there will be stretch on work commitments
- Willingness to learn – need to demonstrate the product as compared to competition while penetrating competition customers
- Should be able to establish value proposition. Should possess strong communication skills
- Knowledge about HCV service will be added advantage
If you qualify, kindly send your application email@example.com.
Quote your current/past salary.
Closing date Friday 23rd March 2018 at NOON
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||