Samaritan’s Purse – International Relief
Job Advertisement: Program Director
Job Location: Eldoret, Kenya
Background: Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world.
Since 1970, Samaritans Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters. disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Job Summary: Position is responsible for all aspects ensuring the safe operation of SP Mission Aviation Services East Africa (DC3TP, B200 King Air and Cessna Grand Caravan) aircraft ¡n support of its Christian relief and development work n East Africa.
- Directly responsible for the overall flight operations, maintenance, and administration of SP MAS East Africa:
- Develop, implement, and administer policies, procedures and processes as necessary to ensure a safe. reliable, and economical air transport services are provided to our customers:
- Lead and direct the aviation team as well as Kenyanization efforts and providing for training where necessary;
- Ensure proper, accurate reporting from all departments to appropriate agencies and SP leadership as required:
- Ensure a safe, regulatory compliant organizational culture while maintaining mission focus:
- Coordinate with local, national, and international government agencies and organizations such as FAA, KCAA, KAA to make sure appropriate manuals and policies are in place and adhered to:
- Align operations to support SP and other customer’s needs: be proactive to communicate and respond with them in a timely manner;
- Develop and maintain an annual budget: oversee financial processes, and control costs:
- Responsible for aircraft meeting a minimum 80% operational readiness rate by creating and executing staffing plan, maintenance plan and logistics plan;
- Attend devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues. vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and general public:
- Assess, manage and report critical physical, emotional or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
Education and Experience: Fifth Year College or university program certificate: or two to four years’ related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies required.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups. and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Submission of Applications
Interested applicants should submit their C.V. and an application letter ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received from 10th March, 2018 to 19th March, 2018.
Certificates and testimonials need not be attached.
During this period of time applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.