Sanergy is looking for a qualified Administrative and Procurement Assistant to join our Core Services team on a full-time basis.
Who we are: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
About the role: The team is tasked with advancing the company’s mission, vision, and values by providing excellent, timely, and cost-effective customer service in all aspects of administration and procurement. The purpose of the role is to ensure that all teams receive support that they need.
A typical day for you might include the following
- The first point of contact for any queries screen all incoming calls courteously redirecting/transferring calls to respective teammates, screen all visitors to determine the purpose of their business within the premises and use discretion as to whether they can be granted access or whether they need an appointment and coordinating high – level meetings for Directors.
- Ensure a well-functioning reception, clean office premises, and meeting rooms.
- The focal person in administrative services such as prompt reservation for accommodation for staff and guests before the date of travel etc.
- Implement and maintain a filing system for all administration and procurement documents according to procedures, while ensuring proper mail distribution
- Provide other administrative duties such as keeping updated records of office expenses and costs, periodic inventory audits of non-stock items, bill payments and processing all office related procurement requests.
- Follow up on quotations and invoices from vendors and payments for vendors
- Sourcing for more vendors while updating administrative and procurement trackers.
- Required to assist the Administrative Services Officer and Procurement Partner when needed and act as leave coverage for the Admin coordinator/Procurement Partners.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or Procurement.
- At least a minimum of 1 year experience in Office Administration/ Procurement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation tools (MS Office suite)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Work well under minimum supervision
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment, and food security
To apply, please CLICK HERE to submit a cover letter and your resume/CV online.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline for submission of application is 23rd March, 2018.