Vacant Position: Senior Accountant
Reporting to the Managing Director, the position of Senior Accountant will be based in Nairobi and will supervise all Accounts staff.
Job Function: The position is responsible for managing accounting systems and ensuring financial wellness of the company and compliance with accounting standards.
The Senior Accountant prepares accounting information for producing financial statements and daily financial oversight to ensure complete and accurate records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, policies and regulations to facilitate sound financial decisions.
He/she will perform a wide variety of functions which include transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, and annual audit support.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly analysis reports for cost of goods, sales and operational expenses against prior budget projections.
- Analyze deficiencies and provide suggestions against anticipated and unforeseen risk situations and provide solutions to mitigate against the risks.
- Ensure internal control systems, payments and preparation of payroll and providing general financial advice and undertaking related accounts administration.
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports
- Prepare and Review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices and other accounting documents
- Work closely with other departments determining financial impact due to product/Services cost reductions, and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Identify, investigate and analyze potential operational improvement and make appropriate proposals for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Calculates cost sharing amounts and assign appropriate amounts to respective sections of the company
- Prepares tax returns as required by the Government or Statutory Authorities
- Facilitate a safe and clean work environment.
- Manage the staff in the Accounts department and ensure that they adhere to company rules and procedures
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- CPA (K) and BCOM in accounting or finance option. MBA will be an added advantage.
- Eight (8) years of working experience with at least three years of experience in a similar position; experience with operations preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle Financial Analyzer or equivalent, and Business Intelligence, a plus.
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willingness to work longer hours during peak periods.
- Strong experience in income statement analysis.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
All qualified interested applicants to submit CV with subject matter as Senior Accountant to email@example.com
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||