Job Vacancy: Support Engineer
The Support Engineer’s goal is to be someone that is trusted by the clients and the company’s staff.
Someone who is capable of jumping and wading through the code technologies to identify bugs & help resolve them.
Other teams will rely on the support engineer to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
The most important criteria are:
- Must have a firm grasp of PHP + MySQL experience
- Must have a firm grasp of how web applications work, networking concepts, and software products
- Must be someone with great teamwork spirit and willingness to assist other team members in how they use the system
- Experience diagnosing problems with software products (preferred)
- If you’ve got Laravel PHP + MySQL experience with SOLID principles, the company is willing to overlook your liking of DC over Marvel.
- The Support Engineer is responsible for providing high-quality technical support for the company’s system.
- This role will involve significant coding activities on a day-to-day basis related to support.
- The support engineer will also work on documentation of projects and may work on other programming tasks as required. For entry-level applicants the company is willing to train the right candidate.
- The support engineer will deliver effective technical customer support to the company’s rapidly growing customer base, delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting the internal teams as well as a wide range of technologies.
- The support engineer will also be required to be on-call on a rotating basis throughout the year.
- Answer questions from customers, clients and staff about the features and capabilities of the company’s platform system
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working with the company’s development team to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention
- Track raised issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk to clients or internal teams through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, or in-person until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Refer to internal knowledge base or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Document the troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- Communicate customer needs and wishes to the product and development teams
- Occasionally rant about the state of the DCEU movies
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP and other networking concepts
- Strong PHP, SQL, NoSQL and related technologies for backend software development
- Experience with Python, Go and Node.js is a plus
- Great Linux experience with ability to monitor and track how the system is utilizing resources
- Experience with Laravel framework (versions 3 – 5)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning using git and management of code repositories on githu
If qualified Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title subject Support Engineer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted before 4th April 2018.