Swissport is an international organization that provides ground handling services for around 230 million passengers and 4.1 million tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 835 client-companies in the aviation sector. Swissport is active at 280 airports in 48 countries on 5 continents.
Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the position of Security Coordinator based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
We are seeking a professional who will be part of a highly dynamic team and who will be charged with the responsibility of managing a team of third party security providers, maintaining acceptable Security standards and procedures, and safety of our warehouse in line with Swissport International Standards and in conformity with the Laws of Kenya.
The successful applicant will be detail oriented, have high energy, results oriented with a “can do” attitude” and possesses excellent communication skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee day to day activities of the sub-contracted security services provider to ensure that security is effectively and efficiently provided at all times.
- Ensure strict compliance with all security standards and procedures of Swissport and its customer airlines in line with the National Civil Aviation Security Program (NCASP).
- Institute investigations by collecting and compiling all details / data for effective documentation, reporting and closure of a case as soon as an incident / accident occurs.
- Work closely with the Duty Officers to ensure there is a secure & safe warehouse operation.
- Attend operational briefings.
- Ensure proper reporting of shift operations to the Corporate Safety and Security Manager.
- Education: KCSE Mean C+.
- Professional Experience: Aviation industry experience, ex N.Y.S or any security firm preferred.
- Experience: At least 3 years in a busy operational environment.
- Proven track record in managing teams is an added advantage.
- Excellent communications skills.
Application letter and CV only should be forwarded via email:
The Manager, Human Resources
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501
Clearly indicate on the subject line as “Security Coordinator Application” and state your current and expected salary in the CV.
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: March 13, 2018