Vacant Position: Tours and Travel Consultant
Industry: Travel & Tourism
Our client, a leader in the Tours and Travel industry who have been in business for over 30 years seek to hire an experienced Tours & Travel Consultant who will be tasked with designing, costing and customizing both international and local travel itineraries.
- Responding to enquiries regarding hotels & safaris within 24hrs
- Create and sell innovative tour packages to meet market demand
- Prepare itineraries to the various destinations of interest
- Doing research and producing periodical newsletters with current offers to be sent out to clients
- Doing tour bookings – both inbound and outbound
- Doing regular check on the company website to ensure its up to date and running smoothly
- Ensuring KWS park rules & hotel regulations are made clear to tourists
- Ensuring payment for each tour booking is received in advance or proper authorization is received from a corporate prior to credit sale
- Creating contact with hotels, car hire, sightseeing attraction and other service providers for best competitive contract rates
- Ensuring the rates files are orderly & up to date
- Ensure bookings that do not mature are cancelled in time to avoid cancellation penalties especially for hotels
- Arranging to see vehicles (and if possible be accompanied by customer reps) before start of service to ensure quality and minimize customer complains
- Briefing drivers before they depart for safari
- Preparing welcome pack for tourists before departure for safari
- Ensure clients’ special requests especially on accommodation & room specification, driver guide language, meals and others are pre-arranged. (E.g. ensuring families are booked rooms closer together & pork is not served to Muslim guests etc.)
- Being on standby ready to provide solutions in case of mishaps during safari
- Coordinating with travel consultants to arrange flying & ground packages
- Opening client tour files for upcoming tours especially groups
- Making follow-ups for tour quotations
- Ensuring that tours quotations are competitive, inclusions, exclusions as well as terms & conditions of a quotation should be highlighted to reduce disputes with clients
- Making sure vehicles (especially if hired from outside) have the company stickers
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
To be successful in this role, you must have;
- Knowledge of different inbound and outbound destinations
- Should have thorough knowledge of the East African Tourism product & designing of International itineraries and costing
- Experience in liaising with international travel agents /partners
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Self –motivated, Confident and outgoing personality.
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion.
- A Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent networking and prospecting skills
- Degree or a diploma in Tour operations or tourism management
- 2-3 years’ experience as Tour consultant in a busy environment
- Ability to use various tours/hotel booking systems
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online and look forward to a great rewarding career.