United States International University (USIU) – Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with almost 7000 students from 74 nations, and a global network of more than 17,000 alumni.
In line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit
a suitable candidate for the following position:
ICT Assistant (Service Delivery)
Reporting to the Chief Manager – ICT (Service Delivery), the successful candidate will be responsible for capturing incoming hardware and software calls from various user stations and resolving them online via remote control support where applicable, or escalate them to a specialist.
- Capturing on the helpdesk system the details to all user requests as they come in via phone or email;
- Ensuring that all the pertinent details of a request are accurately captured;
- Resolving Level I calls (MS Office, User permissions, Internet Access, Printing errors, etc.) over the phone or remotely by employing comprehensive problem analysis and customer service skills;
- Assigning Level II and III calls to appropriate ICT Specialists in the various sections;
- Ensure equipment is available to students, faculty and administration staff as per requests;
- Maintain and control user authentication information details for access and security;
- Ensuring all calls are appropriately assigned or escalated;
- Ensuring that all completed calls are appropriately closed;
- Test, image, and clean PCs, laptops, and other related hardware;
- Working in shifts to ensure service availability during all the required times;
- Updating the helpdesk knowledgebase with relevant information;
- Establish, maintain, and increase client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and caring service;
- Develop and conduct user training programs as well as maintain and update system procedure manuals to improve on performance standards;
- Will be responsible for developing the following Reports: Weekly Activity Reports, Checklist Reports, and Ticket Resolution Reports;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- An undergraduate degree in Information Technology from an accredited university;
- Certifications in CCNA, ITIL, MCITP or MCTS;
- At least 1 year experience in a related capacity;
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Confidentiality and Integrity;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Attention to Detail;
- Adaptability and Reliability
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by: Friday, March 23, 2018.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi,
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collects any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: email@example.com.
The applicant should kindly indicate on the subject line (in case of email), whichever position he/she has applied for.