United States International University (USIU) – Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with almost 7000 students from 74 nations, and a global network of more than 17,000 alumni.
In line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit
a suitable candidate for the following position:
ICT Officer (Multimedia Service)
Reporting to the Senior ICT Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in providing direction for all hardware and software systems that deliver multimedia services to the university community.
He/She will also assist in the management of the Multimedia unit.
- To provide technical support and advice as required;
- Distributing calls and work shift to appropriate ICT Specialists within the Multimedia unit and participating in the work shift as well;
- Design and enforce security across all client computers and servers utilizing multimedia services;
- Design and deploy backup and disaster recovery plans for all multimedia services;
- Develop SOPs and other periodical checklists to ensure that services run optimally in the university;
- To adopt a proactive approach and responsibility in providing ICT both first-line and second-line support;
- Attending to first line network issues;
- Work as part of a team and adopt flexible working practices;
- Perform preventive maintenance duties on items of ICT hardware, including the cleaning of equipment;
- Respond to ICT support request in a timely fashion to ensure minimum disruption to teaching and learning at all times.
- Train helpdesk officers, roaming support team members, interns and work studies to ensure they can give level 1 and 2 support to customers on multimedia issues.
- Install and upgrade both systems and application software as required adhering to all licensing regulations, SLA e.g. Library smart-board, Auditorium Sound System.
- Maintain the multimedia online shared calendar system.
- To maintain an inventory of computer/laptop hardware and software.
- Interface with business applications section to plan for new projects that require input / or impact multimedia services.
- Design Technical Specifications of Audio Visual (AV) equipment and ensure that equipment supplied by vendors conform to the same.
- Manage the equipment status to ensure that replacements and upgrades are scheduled timely.
- Design and update documentation – security, configurations, tests, patches, inventory, etc.
- Schedule and supervise maintenance of all equipment and software in the section.
- Manage the activities of other employees, interns and work study teams assigned to them.
- Plan and avail Multimedia resources to different sections of the Institution.
- Resolving accurately and prioritize support requests, outcomes and time taken in the Help-desk software according to operational level agreement (LAN support/automated service catalog).
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- An undergraduate degree in Information Technology from an accredited university;
- Certification in ITIL, Linux/Unix, Cyber Security and Certified Ethical Hacker (MCITP is a plus);
- At least 5 years’ experience in a related field;
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Confidentiality and Integrity;
- Proficiency In Computer Applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship Builder & Effective Negotiator;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Attention to Detail;
- Adaptability and Reliability
Incumbents will be expected to continue upgrading their knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes and trends in higher education.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by: Friday, March 23, 2018.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi,
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
NOTE: USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collects any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: email@example.com.
The applicant should kindly indicate on the subject line (in case of email), whichever position he/she has applied for.