Vacant Position: Vice Chief Internal Audit Officer (V/CIAO)
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The client, a publicly traded manufacturing company based in Ethiopia is urgently looking to recruit for a candidate who has experience as Chief Internal Auditor V/Chief Internal Auditor / Director or Equivalent position in publicly traded manufacturing company.
Job Summary: Per the direction given by CIO, lead, organizes and direct the Internal Audit department and consult the management on financial activities decision making and internal control system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan the Division annual budget
- Ensure the Audit Department perform the stated procedures, standards and plans are meet
- Consult the management on internal control establishment and implement
- Evaluate the auditors’ performance and plan treeing as per their performance
- Take appropriate measures for the prevention of frauds and elimination of conditions inducing fraudulent actions
- Develop, direct and control training for subordinates in the proper performance of their duties, ensure that qualified and trained personnel are available for the position
- Liaising with the external auditors in order that both external and internal audit functions could be carried out efficiently and effectively with minimum duplication of efforts.
- Present consolidated annual reports for the audit commit and present detail explanation
- Issue instructions for smooth, effective and efficient working of the departments and take corrective action as necessary to ensure that approved plans and goals are met and that policies established by the company are followed
- Ensure effective management of the financial resource of company and that all operations are within the policies and plans as laid down by company’s management.
- Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and operational controls
- Attend departmental meetings with the Chief Executive Officer to discuss matters relating to the Departments
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance or related field from a recognized institution
- ACCA or CPAK certification is advantageous
- Must have at least a minimum of 10 years of experience as Chief Internal Auditor V/Chief Internal Auditor / Director or Equivalent position preferably in publicly traded manufacturing company.
- Candidates with top executive positions in publicly traded manufacturing company are highly preferred
- Report writing and presenting ability
- Quality Management,
- Process Improvement,
- Ability to dealing with Complexity,
- Leading and communication
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 15th March 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.