Watervale Investments Ltd
Job Vacancy: Maintenance Officer
Job Location: Mombasa Rd. Mlolongo
About Watervale Investments: Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans.
We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
About the Position: We are seeking a Maintenance Officer to help with maintenance needs. This is a key role which will ensure that our equipment in the factory is well serviced and we are doing both preventive and corrective maintenance on time and correctly.
The ideal maintenance officer understands best practice when it comes to maintenance is able to recommend and implement policies and procedures that will guide maintenance of machines.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, compressors, pneumatic tools and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
At Watervale Investments, we seek new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles.
We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character.
Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply.
Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- Preference for a diploma in electrical engineering. Experience will be considered in lieu of educational background.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a maintenance position in an established company.
- Ability to prepare and implement preventive maintenance plans.
- Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
- Experience managing other maintenance staff preferred.
- Experience maintaining PLCs, motors and other factory equipment
Competitive salary for junior management position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s senior management.
CLICK HERE to apply online
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||