About Watervale Investments: Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans.
We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
About the Position: We are seeking a Production Officer to work in mattress production. This is a key role that ensures that all the goods that are manufactured meet specifications. The ideal production officer has in manufacturing and has some experience in the furniture industry
Deliver products to the logistics and distribution team on time
- Monitor production and adjust schedules to ensure our clients’ needs are met
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. distribution and logistics, management, administration)
- Set production targets and ensure they are met
- Ensure efficient management of raw material inventory and determine optimum stock and re-order levels
- Identify the resources needed in production and advise management.
Manage the production team
- Draw the work schedule for the production team
- Evaluate the performance of production staff
- Assist in the hiring and training of production staff
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are followed
- Ensure enforcement of all organizational SOP’s as relates to production is done.
- Make sure all personnel on the floor are trained
- Together with maintenance ensure all the equipment on the floor is serviced regularly and is in working condition.
- Ensure good are produced efficiently at an optimum cost, striving towards continuous improvement.
- Implement quality-control programs
- Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release
- Troubleshoot on any quality issues that arise
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and machines
- Conduct regular quality training for the production team
At Watervale Investments, we seek new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles.
We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character.
Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply.
Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to details and ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues. Candidates with at least 2 years management experience managing a team of at least 10 preferable.
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and and lean manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Technical background (process, chemical, mechanical or production engineering have an advantage) with 3-5 years experience.
- Experience in the furniture experience preferred but not required.
Competitive salary for junior management position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s senior management.
CLICK HERE to apply online