Windle International – Kenya (WIK)
Position Title: Generator Technician (Mechanical / Electrical)
Job Ref: 07/18
Contract Term: Full-time, 9 Months Contract with possibility for extension
Duty Station: Dadaab
Background: Windle International – Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans.
WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Turkana North, Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
Windle International – Kenya is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Generator Technician based in Dadaab.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- The Generator Technician will be responsible general maintenance, servicing, and repair of diesel driven generating sets, diesel generator control systems as well as other electrical systems related to light and mechanical equipment.
- Carry out scheduled and routine maintenance, emergency repairs and overhaul of the generator
- Responsible for applying engineering standards and practices in the repairs and maintenance of the generator
- Responsible for the safe and efficient use of tools and specialised equipment
- Responsible for the Repair and Maintenance of electrical equipment
- Routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
The candidate should meet the following minimum requirements;
- Higher National Diploma/Diploma in Electrical and mechanical related field.
- Three years of experience in the general maintenance, servicing, and repair of diesel driven generating sets, diesel generator control systems as well as other electrical systems related to light and mechanical equipment
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings and prints.
- Proficiency in the handling of power tools and test equipment
- Knowledge of Basic electrical, mechanical, thermal, and hydraulic principles and practices.
- Proficiency in Computer technology
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your résumé with a covering letter and certificates quoting the reference number 07/18
Human Resource Department,
Windle International – Kenya,
P O Box 40521-00100
OR drop your application in the application box in the Windle International – Kenya, Dadaab Office at the BHER office
on or before Thursday 29th March 2018.
All soft copy application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names.
Windle International – Kenya’s selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation.
We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||