Job Vacancy: Accounts Assistant (Freight / Logistics)
We are a growing Freight Forwarding and Logistics Company, operating out of Nairobi and keen on providing exceptional service to our clients while operating with integrity and respect that our customers, partners, and employees demand.
We have an opportunity for the position of an Accounts Assistant to join our organization.
Reports to: General Manager / Managing Director
Role: The ideal candidate will assist immediate manager to coordinate the accounting related main functions of the freight forwarding and the customs brokerage business lines as well as other business units within the organization.
Daily tasks may include
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database and maintain financial data bases.
- Investigate problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, cheques, account statements, reports and reviews for accuracy.
- Extract general ledger information.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
- Preparation and verification of supplies – Billings’ accuracy and negotiating costing.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Monitor and support taxation issues.
- Fulfill other functional related assignments nominated by controlling manager
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the organization.
- Presentations in the form of paper reports, spreadsheets, graphs, PowerPoint presentations, web-delivered reports, and other presentation modes.
Budget and Management Reporting
- Compile cost reports, revenue and balance sheets.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process.
- Ensure that all controls in place are being adhered to.
- Act as a focal point for external audit engagement.
- Assessing how well the business is complying with rules and regulations and informing management whether any issues need addressing.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or economics.
- Experience in logistics /freight forwarding /Customs brokerage firms will be an added advantage.
- Some knowledge of customs documentation and procedures in Kenya, or experience in another similar market with capacity to learn local procedures quickly
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in similar position where individual was involved in financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA/CFA/ACCA or similar will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans.
- Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness – Contributes to profits and revenue Conserves organizational resources.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner
- Must have sound knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Experienced PC User, familiar with MS Office, email and Internet.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than Wednesday 25th April 2018, quoting the job title, “ Accounts Assistant” on the subject line.
Accounts Assistant (Freight / Logistics)
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
Freight Forwarding and Logistics Company
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||