Vacant Position: Deputy Procurement / Logistics Manager
Introduction: The Agile and Harmonized Assistance for Devolved Institutions (AHADI) is a governance support program of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/The Department for International Development (DFID) in Kenya and is implemented by The State University of New York / Center for International Development and its partners.
AHADI is designed to support Kenya’s vision and agenda for achieving the promise of devolution.
The program’s interventions aim to promote governance systems that are transparent, accountable, effective in service delivery, and responsive to empowered citizens by working at both the national and county government levels.
The purpose of this project is to help Kenya achieve the promise of devolution: a governance system that is more transparent, accountable, effective in service delivery, and responsive to empowered citizens.
AHADI has three key objectives:
- Objective #1: Targeted Counties provide higher quality services through improved governance
- Objective #2: improved representation of citizen interests and oversight of targeted County government performance
- Objective #3: Functionality and effectiveness of the devolved system increased through improved intra-government engagement and cooperation.
The program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Deputy Procurement / Logistics Manager
Position Title: Deputy Procurement / Logistics Manager
Position Summary: The Deputy Procurement and Logistics Manager will work closely with the Procurement and Logistics Manager and the entire Procurement / Logistics team in the AHADI Nairobi Office to ensure that program activities and operational needs are supported to achieve the above noted program objectives.
The work of the Deputy Procurement and Logistics Manager requires highly developed collaboration and networking skills, exercise of discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility.
Reports to: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Interrelationships: The incumbent liaises with the other members of the procurement department, the Senior Program Officer / Program Officers / Regional Coordinators / Senior Grants Manger/Grants Mangers as appropriate in the course of his/her duties.
- Primary deputy to the Procurement and Logistics Manager.
- Assists with procurement processes for all grant activities and AHADI operations ensuring compliance with RF SUNY and USAID regulations, policies and procedures;
- Works closely with procurement assistants to identify goods and services to be procured for the project;
- In collaboration with the entire operations team, determines the most appropriate procurement requirements;
- Manages procurement processes for all grant activities and AHADI operations;
- Identifies goods and services to be procured for the project;
- Carries out assigned procurement activities in accordance with USAID and State University of New York procedures and regulations;
- Ensures the most appropriate procurement methods to ensure that compliance and transparent processes are utilized;
- Supports programmatic and technical aspects of the program as needed, including but not limited to, the following: seeking, contacting, and interacting with vendors, NGOs, Government agencies, and private sector representatives;
- Support the Procurement/Logistics team with logistical support for delivery of goods and services to grantees;
- Coordinates and arranges flights for all staff and manages accounts with the organization’s travel agents;
- Supervises the preparation of project reports and deliverables from the procurement team, and ensures that updates are provided on the status and progress of grantee deliveries;
- Provide support to program teams on field trips ensuring that field level arrangements are made to include flight reservations, accommodation, transportation, communications and other services/goods as needed.;
- Assists visiting USG and RF SUNY staff members and other dignitaries as appropriate in arranging travel and accommodation, in the scheduling and facilitation of meetings and in providing updates and briefings on the evolving environment in country.
- Mentors, Trains and develops the skills of new procurement staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Deputizing the Procurement Manager’s Role:
The procurement and Logistics Assistant Manager will support the Procurement Manager under the following responsibilities:
- Act as the point of contact for procurement department in the absence of the procurement manager.
- Assign procurement tasks to the Procurement officers as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure that the procurement tracker is updated on a weekly basis.
- Oversee management of the inventory to ensure compliance with USAID regulations on the same.
Education: University degree in Business Administration or appropriate field.
- Eight – ten years’ experience working in a complex and challenging procurement or related environment.
- Experience in logistics and coordination with travel agencies for flights.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Previous experience working in a USAID funded project.
- In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
Languages: English language fluency required.
Skills and Abilities
- Diplomacy and negotiation when working with community and Government representatives.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to identify institutional needs e.g. capacity gaps and design appropriate interventions
- Project cycle management.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills i.e. ability to build strong relationships with partner counties.
- Good management skills.
How to Apply
If you possess the skills and qualifications as contained in the position’s description, please send to Hr@ahadi-devolution.org (1) a Cover letter (2) CV and (3) References from three Professional Referees, one referee should be a previous or current supervisor.
Closing date: April 15, 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly put the position you are applying for as the subject line.
Applications without the position as the subject line will not be evaluated.
SUNY-AHADI is an equal opportunities employer.
Deputy Procurement / Logistics Manager - AHADI Program
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
USAID AHADI Governance Support Program
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
, -37.813853604628335, 144.95789480191888