Our client, a regional airline company headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with branches in Somalia, Djibouti, Uganda, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Aircraft Operations Manager.
Purpose of the Role: The position will report functionally to the Managing Director. The position will responsible for ensuring the management of the aircraft in an efficient manner.
The incumbent will coordinate the activities of the aircraft, crew, passengers and cargo in line with airline policies so as to optimise resource utilisation and ensure a profitable return on investment.
- Co-ordinates day to day flight operations for the Aircraft;
- Ensures compliance to all regulations both in Kenya and other countries of operation as well as company regulations and requirements;
- Maintains a good working relationship with all stakeholders;
- Actively participates in implementing company safety policies and departmental standard operating procedures;
- Proactively understands customer’s (internal and external) needs and takes the initiative to ensure those needs are met;
- Proactively understands the operational needs of the business and takes the initiative to ensure those needs are met;
- Assists in maintaining flight logs, flight records and operational files;
- Identifies ways to integrate process movement and efficiencies for various functions and champions such initiatives to assure operational efficiency;
- Provides timely financial and operational reports on the Aircraft to the stakeholders. This will include feedback on the periodic performance as well as suggestions on foreseen business opportunities;
- Safeguards all confidential and classified company materials and information;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- A university degree in a related discipline. Training in airline operations will be an added advantage;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in aviation management;
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- A motivated and goal oriented individual;
- Must be proactive and self driven person;
- Ability to coordinate with different departments;
- Possess good communication and problem solving skills;
- Possess good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their applications via email to email@example.com by 20th April 2018.
Aircraft Operations Manager
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||