Our client is in the production and distribution of animal health products for both companion animals and ruminant livestock and are focused on being Kenya’s most effective and reliable partner for optimizing animal health and wellbeing.
Their mission is to continuously strive to raise the standard for animal health and wellbeing and to optimize livestock production in Kenya.
They are seeking to recruit a motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Managing Director, this position will be responsible for helping the company discover the information hidden in large amounts of data from several different sources and making smarter management decisions.
The primary focus for the Data Scientist will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis and visualizing this data to help guide management on all aspects of the business.
Principal Accountabilities / Duties
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleaning, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Reviewing and validating data collected from our operations and sales departments.
- Using data mapping and visualisation software to provide an up to date picture of the business for reference by managers across the group.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Statistical reporting and presentation skills
- Experience analysing data from 3rd party providers
- Experience with data visualisation tools
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 1st May 2018 clearly stating the subject heading “DATA SCIENTIST”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||