The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, nongovernmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Education and Youth Empowerment Unit (EYE) wishes to engage field staff between May and June for the endline evaluation of the ALOT-Change project being implemented in Korogocho and Viwandani.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct interviews on all recruited and assigned respondents.
- Complete, edit and submit all assigned interviews for cross-checking and verification by the supervisor on a daily basis.
- Keep updated records and databases of assigned work.
- Regularly file reports on project activities.
- Timely reporting of project related issues for quick and effective troubleshooting.
- Timely and accurate accounting of project finances.
- Attend and participate in all project related meetings.
- Take care and keep inventory of all assigned project equipment.
- Should have completed secondary education and possess a minimum grade C+ in KCSE.
- Be familiar with and proficient in computer applications including use of MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Be a resident of Korogocho and Viwandani.
- Be fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the study.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills.
- Have proven experience in research work (quantitative and/or qualitative data collection, analysis and report writing).
- Previous engagement with APHRC is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply to email@example.com by April 20, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Indicate on the cover letter the specific sub-county where you come from and currently live.
Please indicate ‘FIELD INTERVIEWER “A LOT-Change” PROJECT’ on the subject line of the email
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
Field Interviewers - ALOT Change Project
Life, Physical, and Social Science
|Company / Organization||
African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Korogocho and Viwandani